Almost everybody tells you what to do? Where to go? How to reach? Where to eat? Where to stay? But not many tell you what not to do in Mumbai to stay out of trouble and stay alive.
Almost everyone advises you on what to do? Where should I go? How do I get there? Where should I eat? Where should I stay? However, few people warn you what not to do in Mumbai in order to remain out of trouble and alive. Whatever friendly, inviting, and energetic this city is, it’s full of all sorts of people, and there are some things that go without saying that you should never risk doing here. The following is a list of things that, as a Mumbaikar, I would never risk doing!
1. Do not ask for extra curry leaves after the vegetable vendor has already been generous enough.
2. Never board a central line train expecting a seat during peak hours. You’ll be lucky if you find place to keep your feet somewhere.
3. Wear a new footwear to Siddhivinayak temple and expect God to keep an eye on it while you’re busy bribing him!
4. NEVER EVER call a cop… you know what!
5. Visit Chor Bazaar by your bike, scooter or car. There’s no way any of those are going to make their way back home.
6. Never board a ladies special train if you’re not a female. Do not take this one lightly!
7. Click a selfie outside Shahrukh Khans house and think that it’s cool! So not cool.
8.Never walk on a footpath expecting all its manholes to be covered.
9. Do not keep your wallet in your back pocket no matter what!
10. Expect an auto driver to give you change. There’s no way that’s happening! Carry your own change at all times.
11. Never run after a bus, train or girl for that matter, after all it’s Mumbai! There’s one available after every 4 minutes.
You now know what not to do in Mumbai, but there is no law that prevents you from doing so. If you understand what I mean!
Is Mumbai safe for single girl?
Although Mumbai is typically secure for female lone travelers, it is vital to take the required measures. Women should avoid traveling alone at night and should always be mindful of their surroundings. It is also advised to dress modestly and avoid carrying huge sums of money or valuables.
Is it safe to walk around Mumbai night?
Is it safe to go out at night in Mumbai? Yes, most neighborhoods in Mumbai are perfectly secure, and you may go for a walk or just go out at night.
Is it safe to walk around in Mumbai?
In this highly populated city, petty crime is increasingly prevalent. However, if you follow the fundamental safety standards discussed above, most tourist spots in Mumbai are secure for international tourists. During your stay, you should use care in congested areas and while crossing roadways.
What should I wear in Mumbai?
Clothing consisting of cotton, linen, or jersey is ideal for hot weather situations. Most people nowadays like linen since it is a popular option for a breathable fabric. In the evening, you may cover yourself with loose sweatshirts.