What Is Eastern Standard Time?
It covers all or parts of 23 states in the US and three provinces or territories in Canada . It’s also popular in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America.
Almost half of the population in the USA I reside in the EST time zone. It stretches from northern Canada to Panama, near the tropics.
Eastern Standard Time (EST) shares a boundary with Atlantic Standard Time (AST) in North America. east and with Central Standard Time (CST) in the west .
Eastern Standard Time Zone
When Daylight Saving Time (DST) is not in force, Eastern Standard Time (EST) is used. During the rest of the year, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is used.
Converting Eastern Time to Other US Time Zones
- To convert EST to CST, you have to subtract one hour .
- Mountain Standard Time (MST) is 2 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST). (MST).
To convert EST to MST, you have to subtract two hours .
- Eastern Standard Time (EST) is three hours ahead of Pacific Time (PST). (PST).
To convert EST to PST, you have to subtract three hours .
Central American countries using EST all year:
Other Eastern Standard Time Zones
Time zones with identical titles and acronyms but distinct UTC offsets:
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST): UTC +10
- Eastern Africa Time (EAT): UTC +3
- Eastern European Time (EET): UTC +2
- East Greenland Time (EGT): UTC -1
Other Time Zones in UTC -5
There are some time zones that have the same delay as EST but go by a different name:
- ACT – Acre Time
- CDT – Central Daylight Time
- CIST – Cayman Islands Standard Time
- COT – Colombia Time
- CST – Cuba Standard Time
- EASST – Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT – Ecuador Time
- PET – Peru Time
- R – Romeo Time Zone
What is considered Eastern time?
The Eastern Time Zone includes Connecticut, Delaware, a portion of Florida, Georgia, a portion of Indiana, a portion of Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, a portion of Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, a portion of Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia…
What time is EST in USA now?
Is Eastern Time for New York?
New York is in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00) and observes daylight saving time. (UTC-04:00).
What does 4pm ET mean?
Eastern Time (ET)