Welcome to the PhotoVogue Festival 2023, an event that promises to be a unique exploration of the intersection between ethics and aesthetics in the world of photography. Here, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive guide to this year’s festival, offering insights into its themes, exhibitions, symposiums, and special events.
Dates and Location
- When: November 16th to 19th, 2023
- Where: BASE Milano
- Admission: Free and open to all
Exploring Profound Themes
Since its inception, the PhotoVogue Festival has been dedicated to delving into vital themes. In previous years, it explored the female gaze, inclusivity, and masculinity. This year, the festival takes a deep dive into the impact of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) on human existence and the creation of images.
> "Our intention is to address the ethical, aesthetic, and political implications raised by this revolutionary technology."
– November 15th:
– November 16th:
- "Eye Mama at the PhotoVogue Festival" moderated by Alessia Glaviano.
- Featuring Karni Arieli and contributors of the Eye Mama book.
– November 17th to 19th:
- A.I. SYMPOSIUMS:
- "Charting New Territories: The Ethical Implications of A.I. in Image Creation."
- "Picturing the Future: A.I. and the Evolution of Visual Storytelling."
- "A.I. dreamscapes: Art, Fashion, and the Liberation of Creativity."
All talks and exhibitions are free and open to the public, ensuring accessibility for everyone.
- Uncanny Atlas: Image in the Age of A.I.
- This exhibition explores how A.I. is reshaping our perception of photography and reality. It invites viewers to confront the uncharted territories where art and technology intersect.
> "Contemporary visual metaphors form a symbiotic relationship with the familiar imagery of our collective past, creating a disconcerting yet captivating experience."
- Spanish Women: A Contemporary Portrait of Strength and Beauty
- Celebrating the results of PhotoVogue’s Open Call in Spain, this exhibition presents fresh visual narratives, challenging conventional norms.
The festival features selected works from CondéFuture students, emphasizing the nurturing of future creative talent.
Join an engaging conversation with Karni Arieli, the founder of the Eye Mama movement, aligned with the festival’s theme, "What Makes Us Human."
> "A slideshow of images from the Eye Mama book will be on view during the festival."
- The PhotoVogue Festival awards two 5.000€ grants to Luisa Dörr and Sarfo Emmanuel Annor for their compelling work in response to the Global Open Call: "What is Beauty?".
For more information and interviews with the artists, visit here.
In conclusion, the PhotoVogue Festival: All You Need to Know About the 2023 Edition is a celebration of the ever-evolving world of photography, ethics, and A.I. It’s a chance to explore uncharted territories in image creation and engage in thought-provoking dialogues about the future of visual storytelling. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of this transformative experience.
Related Offerings to Enhance Your Festival Experience
When can you submit to PhotoVogue?
You can submit your photos to PhotoVogue every Monday, and here’s the precise schedule:
- Upload Day: Every Monday
- Upload Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central European Time (GMT +1:00)
Please note that each photo you submit undergoes a meticulous review and curation process led by our Editorial staff. To maintain a consistently high level of quality, we’ve limited the upload days to once a week. Your contributions are valuable, and this approach ensures that each submission receives the attention it deserves.
What is beauty global open call 2023?
PhotoVogue’s Global Open Call 2023 welcomes artists from across the globe to submit their work challenging conventional perceptions of beauty. Whether through photography, video, or a combination of both, this initiative seeks to explore the ever-evolving concept of beauty in the modern world. The central question it poses is: What does beauty mean today? Artists are encouraged to provide their unique perspectives and interpretations to redefine our understanding of this fundamental concept.
What is the theme of PhotoVogue?
Since the inception of the PhotoVogue Festival, our commitment has revolved around exploring themes that hold ethical and aesthetic significance. These themes encompass a wide spectrum, ranging from the examination of the female perspective to issues of representation, including explorations of masculinity and the promotion of inclusivity, among others.
Does Vogue accept submissions?
Indeed, Vogue welcomes submissions from artists worldwide. Accepted submissions may see their work featured in various Vogue editions globally, both online and in print. Furthermore, select artists may have the opportunity to collaborate on editorials, which could be showcased online or in print publications. The most exceptional talents may even secure a spot in the prestigious main exhibition at the upcoming PhotoVogue Festival 2023 in Milan this November.