Passport photos are notoriously unforgiving, but a new trend is taking the internet by storm, promising passport photos that you’ll cherish for the next decade. Say hello to the "passport makeup" trend, which has amassed a staggering 385.3 million views on TikTok and shows no sign of slowing down.
The Secret: Soft Glam "Symmetry" Look
Georgia Barratt, a popular beauty content creator, has gone viral with her videos demonstrating how to achieve the "passport makeup" look. Her videos, with one of them reaching 25.3 million views, provide a step-by-step guide to mastering the perfect passport photograph.
In a world where passport photo booths offer one-dimensional lighting, this makeup trend helps you radiate through the dullness. Achieving this look requires a little extra time, effort, and some specific products on picture day. The result? A lifted, elevated makeup look that falls into full glam territory while still giving off an air of effortlessness.
By following these steps, you can secure a passport photo you’ll be proud of for the next ten years, one that will keep you recognizable even during makeup-free travels.
Key Elements of the Trend
Here, we explore the key elements of the "passport makeup" trend and provide tips from renowned makeup artist, Mata Mariélle.
1. Start with a Light, Flawless Foundation
Mariélle recommends using products that are light but immediately elevate the skin. A tinted foundation, such as the Rose Inc Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum, is her top choice for creating the perfect passport photo glam. This foundation allows your skin’s natural radiance to shine through while providing the coverage you need.
2. Contouring and Brightening
Passport booth lighting tends to flatten the face. To combat this, contouring and brightening are crucial. Define your jawline, temples, areas above the cheek, nose, and chin. Mariélle suggests using Givenchy The Iconic Powder Prisme Libre Powder for contouring and Hourglass Sculpture Ambient Lighting Edit for a natural-looking glow. These products help you maintain the dimension that booth lighting often strips away.
3. Groomed Brows
Groomed brows are the key to achieving a polished makeup look. For this, the Too Faced Super Fine Brow Detailer Eyebrow Pencil is Mariélle’s top recommendation. This pencil is perfect for creating feather-like, natural brows.
For your passport photo makeover, consider these makeup products recommended by Mata Mariélle:
- Rose Inc Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum
- Yves Saint Laurent Nu Bare Look Skin Tint
- Givenchy The Iconic Powder Prisme Libre Powder
- Hourglass Sculpture Ambient Lighting Edit
- Too Faced Super Fine Brow Detailer Eyebrow Pencil
The "passport makeup" trend offers a solution to the age-old problem of unflattering passport photos. By following these tips and using the recommended products, you can ensure that your passport photo will be one you love for the next 10 years, capturing your best self while still maintaining your natural beauty.
Remember, when you look good on your passport, you’ll feel confident on your travels, no matter how makeup-free you may be. This Is The Secret To Getting A Passport Photo You’ll Love For The Next 10 Years – a trend that’s here to stay.
Engaging Discoveries Worth Exploring
How to get a good passport photo?
To obtain a high-quality passport photo, meticulous preparation is key. Follow these steps for a satisfying result:
- Gather Your Equipment:
- Ensure you have a camera or smartphone with a high-resolution camera.
- If possible, consider using a professional camera tripod for added stability during the photo-taking process.
- Choose the Right Location:
- Find a well-lit area with natural light to capture your passport photo. Good lighting is crucial for a clear and appealing picture.
- Dress Neatly and Simply:
- Wear clothing that adheres to the passport photo requirements. Solid colors and a clean, conservative appearance are ideal.
- Follow Official Guidelines:
- Check your country’s official passport photo guidelines, as they can vary. Ensure your photo complies with these standards for acceptance.
- Prepare Your Facial Expression:
- Maintain a neutral, natural expression. Avoid smiling or frowning, as passport photos typically require a straight face.
- Background Matters:
- Choose a plain, light-colored background. A white or light gray backdrop is often recommended.
By following these steps, you can increase your chances of getting a good passport photo that you’ll be satisfied with for years to come.
Do I need a passport photo if I’ve lost weight?
If you’ve undergone significant changes in your appearance, such as significant weight loss, extensive plastic surgery, or a gender transition, it’s essential to update your passport photo to reflect your current look.
Your passport photo should adhere to specific dimensions:
- It must be 2 inches x 2 inches in size (51 mm x 51 mm).
- Alternatively, it should have a resolution of 600 pixels x 600 pixels.
Updating your passport photo ensures that your identification accurately represents your current appearance, which is vital for smooth travels and proper identification.
How big should a passport photo be?
The dimensions for a valid passport photo are crucial. Ensure your passport photo complies with the following requirements:
- It should measure 2 inches x 2 inches (51 mm x 51 mm) or be 600 pixels x 600 pixels in size.
- Position your head in the center of the photo, leaving ample empty space around the sides to accommodate potential cropping.
- The file size should be a minimum of 54 kilobytes (KB) but not exceed 10 megabytes (MB).
Adhering to these specifications is essential for a passport photo that meets official standards and ensures a hassle-free passport application or renewal process.
Can a passport photo truly define us?
Can a passport photo capture our essence?
The passport photo, mandated by international law for border crossings, holds a unique role in defining our identity. Writer Maggie Lange delves into the significance of her own passport photo, while Allure editor Brennan Kilbane offers tips on how to make your next one more than just bearable for the next ten years. Ultimately, your passport serves as a lasting testament to your identity, traveling with you as you explore the world.
How can I make my passport photo look better?
Tips for Improving Your Passport Photo
When it comes to preparing for your passport photo, here are some essential do’s and don’ts to ensure a better outcome:
Maintain a Neutral Expression: Keep your gaze straight ahead, but avoid looking gloomy.
Smile: Contrary to popular belief, you can smile in your passport photo. A subtle, natural smile is often encouraged.
Highlight Your Jawline: Opt for a pose that emphasizes your jawline and minimizes the appearance of a double chin.
Correct Your Posture: Stand tall and maintain good posture to convey a confident and appealing appearance.
Following these guidelines will help you achieve a passport photo that you’ll be more satisfied with.
What makeup should I use for a long-lasting passport photo?
Choosing Makeup for a Long-Lasting Passport Photo
For a passport photo that stands the test of time, opt for light and flawless makeup. Heavy makeup is generally discouraged, so keep it natural. Follow these tips:
Neutral Color Palette: Select neutral shades that enhance your appearance while maintaining a natural look.
Lightweight Foundation: Use a lightweight foundation that matches your neck and chest tone to achieve a seamless, natural effect.
Applying makeup thoughtfully ensures that your passport photo captures your best self, staying fresh for years to come.