She’s driven you to all of your violin (and dancing, and perhaps tuba) classes. She’s helped you with your schoolwork, taken you to the mall, and even jump-started your vehicle. What better way to say “I love you, mom” (or “Mom, I need you to jump my car again”) than with an outstanding, delicious prepared dinner? From side dishes to the main course, we’ve got everything you need to prepare a fantastic Mother’s Day lunch for mom (and the entire family).
Homemade food is always more special than dining out, particularly when it allows you to avoid the crowds at restaurants. Whether mum prefers a simple, herb-infused grilled pork tenderloin or a traditional roast chicken, we’ve got lots of dish ideas that will make her pleased. We’ve also included some of our favorite sides, such as sheet-pan panzanella and sweet-and-spicy grilled broccoli, as well as mushroom risotto.
We’ve all heard that the best path to someone’s heart is via their stomach. So why should we stop at dinner? Plan a Mother’s Day breakfast for her, complete with lots of mimosas to keep the party going all day.
Do you want to have even more Mother’s Day fun? Try some of our favorite Mother’s Day dinner and lunch ideas, as well as some of our favorite Mother’s Day presents for the mom who seems to have…everything. Don’t worry if you need a Mother’s Day dessert recipe to finish off the meal—we’ve got lots of them, too:)
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
This recipe is so easy, creamy, and filling that it may find its way into your evening routine. We recommend sopping up every last drop of sauce with crusty bread—we also like to mix it with angel hair or orzo pasta.
Easy Greek Salmon
This salmon is not only bright and light, but it is also filled with vivid veggies. Dinner is done when you serve it over arugula or couscous.
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
It’s bright and airy, and we fell in love with it right away. Thick bucatini is essential for capturing this brilliant, creamy sauce, but if you can’t find it, use any long pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine.
Garlicky, crunchy, and buttery. What could possibly be better? Look for fresh, dry packed scallops when purchasing; they haven’t been bathed in a brine and will cook and taste better.
Pasta Alla Gricia
This, together with carbonara, cacio e pepe, and amatriciana, completes Rome’s four famous pasta dishes. It’s a classic for a reason: it receives its incredible taste from just four ingredients: guanciale (pancetta also works), Pecorino, and tagliatelle pasta.
Serve as a side dish or over top of a bed of salad greens. This creamy orzo tastes like a more herbaceous cacio e pepe. The greatest thing about this recipe is that it all happens in one pot, which means more flavor and fewer dishes to clean.
What is a good menu for Mother’s Day dinner?
Mother’s Day dinner recipes
- Toad-in-the-hole with asparagus and creamy Dijon sauce.
- Chicken arrabbiata stew & parmesan dumplings. …
- Gnocchi with mushrooms & blue cheese. …
- Charred broccoli, lemon & walnut pasta. …
- Sticky tamarind tomato & spinach whirl. …
- Easy peasy risotto with chilli & mint crumbs. …
- Miso salmon with ginger noodles.
What is the best thing to make for Mother’s Day?
Homemade Mother’s Day Ideas
- Make Homemade Bath Bombs.
- Homemade Mother’s Day Gifts to Liven Things Up.
- Fabric Flowers You Can Add to Anything. …
- Make a Silhouette Brooch. …
- Hand Molds Are a Heartfelt Memory. …
- So Fresh and So Clean. …
- Chic Canvas Pouches for Keeping Her Favorite Items.
- Painted Prints That Brighten Up a Space.
What should I have for Mother’s Day lunch?
38 Mother’s Day Lunch Recipes To Celebrate Mama
- 02 of 38. Ham Biscuits. …
- 05 of 38. Cheese Puffs with Ham Salad. …
- Fresh Salmon Cakes with Buttermilk Dressing (#8 of 38)….
- 11 of 38. Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Spring Vegetables…
- 14 of 38. Cheesy Beef-and-Spinach Ravioli. …
- 17 of 38. Crab-and-Bacon Linguine.
How can I make Mother’s Day special at home?
Mother’s Day Ideas at Home
- Help with Chores.
- This will undoubtedly make this Mother’s Day better than any other.
- Serve Breakfast in Bed.
- Prepare a Special Dinner.
- Be Extra Nice and Helpful.
- Spend Time Together as a Family.
- Play Music and Sing.
- Watch a Movie or TV Show.