On Mother’s Day, treat your mother to her favorite city exercise or get her to experience something totally different.
Mother’s Day is observed in the United Kingdom three weeks before Easter Sunday, so it will be observed on May 8, 2024. 10 March .
Look through the Mother’s Day suggestions in London below to find the best things to do with your mother on Mother’s Day 2024.
In London, you can spoil your mother with afternoon refreshments and walks in the park, as well as shopping, billiards, culinary lessons, and even a motorboat trip.
Days out for mum in London
- Give your mum the Total London Experience: Spend the day at the capital’s most famous sites to create recollections that will last a lifetime.
- Alternatively, give your mother a Merlin London Attractions Pass: Save money on six must-see London sites over the course of 90 days.
- Take in the views of the metropolis from The View from The Shard: From a sky-high landmark, take in sweeping vistas of London.
- Experience breathtaking vistas of London from an IFS Cloud Cable Car: As you soar above the Thames, you can take in the magnificent London cityscape.
- Or take a ride on the London Eye: See how many of London’s most well-known sites your mother can identify.
- Visit Kew Gardens to see the first spring blossoms: Discover one of London’s most tranquil and beautiful places.
- Visit the magnificent Queen’s House on a day trip to Greenwich: The Queen’s House offers art, building, and regal heritage.
- Head to the newly opened Battersea Power Station: Treat Mum to the pinnacle movie experience, or take in the breathtaking vistas of London from Lift 109.
- Explore the Victoria and Albert Museum: Admire a magnificent and intriguing selection of art and design.
- Enjoy the vistas from Hampstead Heath by visiting Kenwood House: Explore the neighborhood before pausing for a refreshment at a charming Hampstead café or bar.
See more of London’s top attractions.
See a West End show on Mother’s Day
- Sing along to classic tunes at a top West End production: Defy gravitation by seeing Wicked or the award-winning Lion King.
- See a show fit for the whole family: Discover the best London theatre shows for kids.
- Laugh the night away at a hilarious comedy show: This Mother’s Day, see some hilarious shows and musicals.
Discover all shows playing this Mother’s Day.
Take mum on a day trip out of London
- Spend the day exploring the royal town of Windsor: Explore the town’s lovely cobblestone alleyways and see the famous Windsor Castle.
- Discover the historical mysteries of Oxford: Take a lunch rowing excursion down the Thames and visit the many magnificent institutions and galleries.
- Discover Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site: Admire the stunning Georgian building and tour the shooting sites of many well-known novels and movies.
- Solve the mystery of Stonehenge: Investigate the old location whose beginnings have long perplexed scholars.
- Escape to the outdoors with a Cotswolds tour: Visit picturesque towns like Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water.
- Travel back in time with Mum on the Bellman British Pullman*. As you travel through the English countryside, enjoy a five-course supper.
Discover more day trips from London.
Mother’s Day dining and foodie treats
- Enjoy a London dinner cruise with your mum: Book it as a Mother’s Day treat for a mother-to-be! There are choices for every income.
- Treat her to a Mother’s Day afternoon tea tour On an afternoon tea bus excursion or voyage, tuck into sweet and savory delights while admiring famous London sites.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day in London with a delectable brunch: Treat your mother to a lavish breakfast at a famous London eatery.
- Satisfy her sugary appetite by taking her to a Chocolate Making Workshop*: Make a truffle feast, chocolate chunks, and a chocolate cocktail.
- On a Shoreditch Food Tour*, you can sample food from all over the world: Try everything from spicy Indian flavors to Brick Lane’s finest croissant.
- Combine culture and food at the Royal Opera House’s Balconies Restaurant: Dine in luxury before taking mom to a dance or opera performance.
- Enjoy lunch with a view at Sky Garden: Soak up views of the city from a scenic location.
- Splurge on a meal at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants: Raise a drink as you dine at a world-class restaurant operated by a celebrity cook.
- Sip on cocktails or champagne at a top London bar: Look for Mother’s Day recipes that have been specially made for the occasion.
- Bring the whole family to London for a delectable Sunday roast: As you make a Mother’s Day salute, tuck into a delicious stew.
Discover more of London’s amazing culinary and beverage culture.
Mother’s Day afternoon tea in London
- On Mother’s Day, treat yourself to a classic afternoon tea in London: Feast on dainty sandwiches and colourful cakes.
- Or try an unusual afternoon tea: As you honor Mother’s Day, indulge in unique delectable delights.
- Check out these low-cost afternoon tea choices for those on a tight budget: Mum will enjoy your present regardless of how much you invest.
- Champagne enthusiasts can spoil their mothers with a decadent champagne afternoon tea: Splurge on bubbly in beautiful settings.
Discover more Mother’s Day afternoon tea choices.
Mother’s Day activities in London for some quality time together
- Give your mother a memorable London aircraft tour: Enjoy an unforgettable adventure with breathtaking vistas of London.
- On a river excursion, whizz under Tower Bridge and see the sights: Take a thrilling Mother’s Day water excursion on the Thames.
- Learn something new together at a masterclass: Discover a new talent with your mother, from drink preparation to arts and crafts.
- Go on a Segway rally adventure*: Following your instruction, put your Segway abilities to the test on a specifically designed off-road track.
- Allow your mother to create a distinctive fragrance at a Design a Bespoke Perfume Experience*: Create a personalized aroma using her favorite scents.
- Puppies, Painting, and Bottomless Cocktails* combines all of mum’s favorite things: Following an embrace. Grab a brush and start painting your new canine inspiration.
- Swing into your mother’s good graces with urban golf, or try one of these other best exercise bars: On an enjoyable day out, combine drinks with lighthearted rivalry.
- Pineapple Dance Studios offers individual dance lessons: Keep your mum on her toes at London’s largest dance studio.
Check out more of London’s best adventures, ranging from daring pursuits to more unique engaging encounters.
Shopping for Mother’s Day gifts in London
- Bicester Village is a great place to spend the day buying until you drop: Bring mother a premium brand present from this buying paradise just outside of town.
- Treat your mum to a lavish food hamper*: With a Fortnum & Mason Mother’s Day hamper*, you can give a present suitable for a monarch.
- Pre-book a deluxe adventure in London for the two of you to enjoy: Choose from an aircraft flight, a leisure treatment, and other options.
- Order a bunch of blooms from a London florist: Fill the day with fabulous fragrant flowers.
- Sweet delights from the capital’s best chocolatiers and pastry shops: Spoil your mum with some sweet treats.
Outdoor spots to explore together
- Explore the grounds of London’s royal attractions: Stroll through magnificent landscapes in the paths of nobility.
- Go on a walk around London’s beautiful parks: Spot daffodils and crocuses blooming all around.
- Alternatively, enjoy the blooming spring newcomers in London’s beautiful gardens: Stroll through magnificent parks and natural areas.
- Santander Cycles will take you to fresh places on two wheels: TFL’s self-guided paths will help you discover London’s secret treasures.
- As cherry blossoms take over Greenwich Park, soak in the beautiful pale pink hues: Immerse yourself in the beautiful spring scenery.
- Watch the dusk at these Instagram-worthy London locations: As you create memories with your mother, take in the breathtaking scenery.
Take a look at this guide to what’s on in London this Mother’s Day for more suggestions, or discover more activities taking place on Mother’s Day weekend and throughout March.
Look for similar items by category
- Things to Do
- What’s On
- Special Event
- What’s On