Moms do a lot for their children, between “giving us a good home” and “teaching us how to be adults,” not to mention “bringing us into this world.” So, every now and then (cough, cough Mother’s Day cough), it’s essential to show our moms—or mother figures—how much we appreciate them by spoiling the ever-lovin’ crap out of them.
Aside from the ideal Mother’s Day present, one of the most traditional (and finest) methods to spoil mom is with brunch in bed. It’s well worth the effort of getting up early and making a sacred disaster of the kitchen (which you will then clear up!) so you can deliver mom a spectacular spread of her favorite foods on a little foldable morning plate to nosh on in her pjs from the luxury of her own bed. The expression on her face when you knock on the door and bring it in says it all. If she’s a Country Living devotee, you can even make it extra unique by printing one of our mischievous “do not disturb” door decorations and diplomas.
Don’t know what to make? That is the purpose of this document! From flavorful food-fests to sugary delights to simple-but-delicious dinners, we’ve got something for every parent. And she’ll appreciate the fact that you crafted it yourself!
Eggs Florentine with Homemade Hollandaise
If you really want to make Mom happy, why not go traditional and prepare her the ultimate celebratory breakfast? Both the marinade and the fried egg have a bad reputation for being difficult to prepare, but we’ll teach you how to do both with simplicity.
Griddled Banana Bread with Sorghum Syrup
Do you want something delicate and sweet? Make a batch of excellent banana bread a day or two ahead of time, then grill a piece, drizzle with sweet syrup, and sprinkle with crumbly salt! It goes well with a cup of coffee.
Ricotta Pancakes with Roasted Maple Rhubarb and Strawberries
A cup of ricotta cheese transforms these crepes into something both lighter and denser. The baked cinnamon Rhubarb and strawberries, however, elevate them to Mother’s Day status.
What should I make my mom for breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day?
This Mother’s Day, there are 80 luxurious options to treat Mum to brunch in bed.
- Ricotta pancakes with honeycomb butter. …
- Panettone french toast. …
- Melissa Hemsley’s perfect pancakes. …
- Blueberry ricotta hotcakes. …
- Coconut bircher with orange and rhubarb syrup. …
- Spiced beans and haloumi.
How to make breakfast in bed for your mom?
How to make a special breakfast in bed?
How to Make Breakfast in Bed
- Grab a sturdy tray with small sides.
- Go classic with eggs and toast.
- Whip up pancakes or waffles.
- Add some protein with bacon or sausage.
- Make a fun pastry.
- Try a full English breakfast for some variety.
- Garnish your plate with fresh fruit.
- Squeeze a glass of orange juice.
What to eat on Mother’s Day breakfast?
Sweet Mother’s Day breakfast ideas
- Salted caramel-stuffed pancakes. …
- Blueberry smoothie and granola bowls. …
- Easy banana bread with peanut butter frosting. …
- Cinnamon buns. …
- Sweetcorn French toast with blueberries. …
- Breakfast rhubarb. …
- Fluffy ricotta crepes with honey butter whisked…
- Rhubarb breakfast pots.